Este site utiliza cookies
TERMS & Conditions
MOSTEIRO SAGRADA FAMILIA (Torre Moncorvo)
Over the (MOSTEIRO SAGRADA FAMILIA (Torre Moncorvo))
MONASTERY HOLY FAMILY (Carmelites) - TORRE MONCORVO In 1943, Jesus asked Sister Maria Pilar the foundation of a Carmel of the Ancient Observance in Portugal. The idea of founding a convent in Portugal was taking root in their hearts. The owners of Quinta do Bosque, Amadora, informed of the dream of the two sisters, offered help. Taking advantage of the offer, the two Portuguese nuns - Sister Mary of Fatima and the Holy Face Fiusa Costa and Sister Maria del Pilar and the Holy Trinity - decided to leave the Carmel of Santa Ana Seville and to leave the enclosure, 14 -02-1947 authorized by Cardinal D. Segura of Seville. The sisters returned to their homeland at 03/27/1947. In the best local demand were at Moncorvo, on record that a lady wanted to help, Carlota José de Mendonça Cyrne while not build in the offered land, some of it was habitable was a farm cottage to be able to take your life hermit. During year and a half lived in a ground floor stable, empty tile and a manger. They were happy in this life of so much poverty. However the competent Architect Vasco de Moraes Palmeiro (Regaleira) made the project of the monastery and the works of the Convent be initiated on March 15, 1948! The Bishop of Bragança-Miranda obtained a license from Cardinal Patriarch of Lisbon – D. Manuel Cerejeira - and from the Holy See for the Sisters could make public collection in Lisbon. They went around 9am, performing the public collection and returning home at about the sundown . After a day of tiredness, up and down stairs, still had to do all the homework. These sisters spent many needs, hunger, thirst, cold, tired, sleepless nights. Everything just for the love of Jesus and His Blessed Mother, the Church and the conversion of sinners. The 7/15/1949, the founders and a postulant entered the Novitiate house, still without roof or windows. In the novitiate house lived as if they were in the cloister; did not come out to the terrain while the workers were working. The construction of the convent was made by parties. Only worked when there was money, otherwise the works stops. They wanted to prepare a room for very provisional Chapel. Finally, Mr. Bishop Abilio there celebrated the first Mass on 01/06/1950. Satisfying a great desire from the beginning on 1955, the Holy See granted the privilege of Perpetual Adoration at Jesus in the Sacrament that faithful devotees help to keep with their charity. The 28/12/74 was the inauguration of the Church. Stone by stone, the work was appearing and, in 1990, the dream gave way to reality!
Get to know the products of (MOSTEIRO SAGRADA FAMILIA (Torre Moncorvo))
TERMS & Conditions